Zesty Homemade Chili by Gena Bessire
My Zesty Homemade Chili recipe gets rave reviews and is a hit whenever I make it. It is delicious, super easy to make, and made with supplies I keep in my pantry year-round.
🍲 ZESTY HOMEMADE CHILI 🍲
From: Gena Bessire's Kitchen
• 2 lbs. cooked Ground Beef
• 1 large Onion or Dried Onions
• 1 large Green Pepper (diced)
• 2 cans of Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
• 1 can of Water from can above
• 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
• ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
• ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper
• ½ teaspoon of Oregano
• 1 teaspoon of Ground Cumin
• 2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon of Salt
• 2 cans of Kidney Beans drained
• 1 can of Black Beans drained
1. If you have a pressure cooker:
2. Layer ingredients as listed above except beans and cook until pressure cooker starts rocking, turn to medium heat and allow to rock for 5 MINUTES and let cool on own (about 20 minutes). Add beans stir and let sit for 5 minutes or so until beans warm through and serve.
3. If you don’t have a pressure cooker:
4. Put all ingredients in a large pot on the stovetop and simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour until ingredients are cooked well and serve.
5. If using a crockpot and allow to cook through.
*Garish with diced avocados, shredded cheese, a side of Doritos, if desired.
**Tip: This Chili is AMAZING with my Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
***Tip: I often make a double batch of it, so that I have 2 meals worth.