Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting by Gena Bessire
My homemade 🍮 Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting are to die for. They are mouthwateringly delicious, requested by my friends when it's my turn to bring a treat, and they go great with my Zesty Homemade Chili.
🍮 Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting 🍮
From: Gena Bessire’s Kitchen
Makes 12 rolls
There are two ways to approach this recipe, the easy way and the almost as easy way; one requires a bread machine and one a trip to the store.
Ingredients for Bread Machine:
• 1 cup of Water • 1 Egg • 3 1/4 cup of Bread Flour (yellow bag usually) • 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar • 3-4 Tablespoons of Butter • 1 teaspoon of Salt • 2 1/2 teaspoon of Rapid Rise Yeast (for bread machines)
Bread Machine Directions:
My bread machine has a quick dough option it takes about 45 minutes to knead and mix and warm and knead it again or something like that, I usually walk away :). When it is done, I leave it in the bread machine for 15 more minutes and let it rise so that the yeast is more relaxed and easy to roll.
Alternative: 1 frozen loaf of Rhodes bread, thawed and rolled out will do the same thing. :)
Cinnamon Filling Directions:
In a bowl mix:
• 1 cube softened butter • 1/2 cup of brown sugar • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Building the Cinnamon Rolls:
1. Plop the dough on a lightly dusted counter and roll it out about 18-24 inches long and 10-12 high. Spread the sugar/butter/cinnamon mix on the dough and roll it up. It should still be 18-24 inches long. 2. Then cut the dough into 1 1/2 to 2-inch rolls. I use a steak knife or dental floss. You should get approximately 12 rolls. 3. Place them in a 9x13 greased pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 45-60 minutes until they double in size. 4. Then bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes. Watch them closely towards the 20 minutes, they start to brown fast.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
• 1 cube of softened Butter • 1/2 cube of softened Cream Cheese (4 oz) • 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla • About 1/2 pound of Powdered Sugar (added in gradually while mixing)
1. Whip it until smooth and fluffy. It will lighten in color as you whip it. 2. Apply a generous dollop of Cream Cheese Frosting on each warm Cinnamon Roll and enjoy! Straight out of the oven is our favorite. :)
*Tip: These Cinnamon Rolls are AMAZING with my Zesty Homemade Chili.